Sunday, June 19, 2011

Why Ride When You Can Get Hurt?

I hope all you fellow riders had a good week. It appears summer is finally here and we can put away the 5 layers.

For our President, Bruce Jensen, it was a week of relief from PAIN and a reminder that cycling can be a dangerous sport. SO, WHY DO WE DO IT? After visiting Bruce in the IMC Friday from his surgery to repair a subdural hematoma, which was caused by a fall he took back in April, I went home and loaded my bike on my car and headed to the Spring Chicken Inn, where I was assigned to volunteer for the annual Ragnar/Wasatch Back run, from 9:30pm - 2:00am. I thought it would be fun to ride to Henefer, against the runners, and feel of the excitement and get a little workout.

However, as I was riding across the east side of Echo, I was reminded why I LOVE TO RIDE... Being out with your friends and sometimes just a lone, enjoying the fresh air, smells of the roads, and best of all the beauties of nature.... MAKES IT WORTH IT!

Bruce, we are all praying for your speedy recovery and look forward to your joining the flock again soon.. LOVE YA MAN!

Perceptions of Biking Safety - (see how you do on this quiz)



No comments:

Post a Comment