Sunday, December 23, 2018

Pedal Proven Advice

Someone I respect very much told me I have an obligation to use my platform to address and do as much as I can to solve the wrongs of world. I agree with her. And I've thought a lot about this since we spoke. As corny and simplistic and perhaps even as blindered as this might seem, I believe more than anything in the power of the bike ride. Go for a ride today. Ride yourself to the bone, or go slow and look around you and really see and feel, or do something in between or completely apart from those ideas, alone or with friends or in a group of strangers and friends, but ride.

If you miss the ride you were supposed to do, do another ride. If you get out and don't feel great, turn around or keep going then turn around, or keep going until you feel better.

Ride until you forget. Ride until you remember things you forgot. Ride until you solve the problems of the world or the ones of your own soul or just some stupid thing at work. Or not. But ride today. You'll feel better. You'll be better. (you'll look better) And that's ultimately how we'll make this world better.

~ Bill Strickland - Bicycling Editor Director ~

MERRY CHRISTMAS!






No comments:

Post a Comment