Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A Most Difficult Ride

Yesterday, as many of you PCRs know, was a ride that broke our heart monitors and made the entire body hurt. As we attended the funeral of our Captain My Captain (Kim Briggs), the memories were flooded with all the rides we have taken and our hearts, minds and souls longed for just one more. Kim, you were the glue and guidance that kept this crazy crew together.

Vicki, Tyler/Holly, Eric/Jamie and Jordan/Carly, know that your husband, dad and our best friend is greatly loved, admired and missed.

 Yesterday morning the heavens were a little brighter as they welcomed Kim 

 Thanks to Prez Hale for putting this table together..... :-) & :'(
(Jodi was the decorator, which we badly needed)

 Look who Kim is riding with now.... 
Hope there are bikes in Heaven??

 No one could bring a BIGGER smile to Kim than Vicki



Ode to My Old Pardner

I’ve been missin’ you old pardner,
Just wishin’ I could turn back the clock,
The bunk house ain’t been the same since you left,
            ‘member how we used to talk?
Every day we used to laugh
‘bout family, work, and what came our way.
 Sometimes we would curse our bad luck
            For havin’ to work all day.

Lately my mind has begun to wander
            As it will sometimes do,
Runnin’ back along the days and times
            And years I’ve worked with you.
And as I got to thinkin’
            'bout those hours of yesterdays,
                                It dawned on me that we’ve been                                  Down the road quite a ways.

Together we’ve serviced many great clients,
            And traveled round this earth
From St. George to London
It’s done nothing but add to my girth.
Our jobs have required much travel
            Each harder than the last.
With me totin’ my saddle and yours, too
            A constant reminder that you da boss



If I came to the office disgusted,
            Grumblin’ ‘bout the job I had,
All you had to do was threaten to fire me
            Then things wouldn’t look so bad.
Then it was off to the golf course
            My clients ever so demanding
I could see you shakin’ your head in thought
            That idiot could be the last man standing.

You ruled with an iron fist at J&H then Marsh.
            You’ve earned the reputation of a task master.
From 9 to 3 you punched those doggies hard
            Then off for a bike ride to work off the lard.
When Marsh management came callin'

            There was always tension in the air;
Straighten those pictures and clean those offices
            Call Linda, she’s gotta cut my hair.

Monday mornin’ meetings were a must,
 and everyone had to attend.
That is ‘til Vicki called
Then we found out who was the real boss
Your family always came first
            The rest of us could wait.
In the end we really didn’t care
            One less meeting with you would save us all some hair.

We should have had an army
            To finish all the work you gave us to do.
Though we grumbled and stayed up late,
It was your relentless barking that helped us get thru.
And now when you look in the mirror
            At the old trail boss standin’ there,
Take comfort in knowin’,
            You always led with a certain flair.

For 25 years you gave all you had to Marsh.
            But now it’s time to ride on.
When you look back where you’ve been
            Turn back ‘round and reach out to a new dawn.
So while we’re lookin’ at that image,
            Although we maybe won’t agree,
Here’s what that reflection
            Standin’ up there means to me.

You’re my boss, my Pardner,
            And my very best friend,
Thanks for keeping me on the ranch
            And the fun times ‘round each bend
But I’ve been thinkin’
            Let’s meet in the old bunk house one more time.
I haven’t had a good laugh for awhile
            And reminisce ‘bout ridin’ in our prime.
           
Love ya,   
Taylor Wray  (Kim's Business Partner)



Big Man's Last Ride with the Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment